• Dates: 1943-1998
• Extent: 4 boxes, 1 oversized item
• Repository: Center for Lowell History; Kerouac Room, 1st Floor, Wall C
• Biographical/Historical Note: Frankie Edith Kerouac-Parker (Edie Parker) (1922-1993) was Jack Kerouac’s first wife (m. 1944-1948)
• Provenance: Donated by Frankie Edith “Edie” Kerouac-Parker.
• Scope and Content: correspondence, manuscripts and drafts, books, newspaper clippings, articles photographs, and a painting.
• Highlight: House (1940) by Edgar Stareck (1917-1987), a watercolor painting which hung in Kerouac’s Hartley Hall dormitory room and in an apartment Kerouac and Parker shared at Columbia, On the Road character key.
• Language: English