Paul Marion Lowell Celebrates Kerouac Collection
• Dates: 1950-2019
• Extent: 13 boxes, 9 oversized items
• Repository: Center for Lowell History; Kerouac Room, 1st Floor, Wall A
• Biographical/Historical Note: Local author, poet, and editor Paul Marion (1954- ) also played a vital role in Lowell’s renewal and cultural revival. Among the Lowell Public Art installations Marion managed and coordinated is the Jack Kerouac Commemorative (1989). The Marion (Paul) Lowell Celebrates Kerouac Collection is comprised of a wide range of Kerouac festival ephemerae, including but not limited to research, papers, correspondence, and photographs.
• Provenance: Donated by Paul Marion
• Scope and Content: The variety of material within the Marion collection, ranging from periodical articles and photographs (original and photocopies) to academic papers and t-shirts, includes ephemera from the planning, presentation, and installation of Jack Kerouac Commemorative (1989) sculpture by Ben Woitena.
• Language: English